I used to…:
- Mix’n match all colors to look like a walking rainbow. Life is too short to wearing boring clothes right?
- Pick up a foundation that was 3 shades too light for my skin tone, because the drugstores in this country doesn’t have shades for brown girls… So I mixed it with a cream and applied it happily on my face… ugh.
- Pull my socks out so it was visibly. In the beginning I thought it was a terrible idea, until I figured out that it actually prevented the cold from hitting my ankles by doing it… I still do it with fluffy socks when I’m home.
- Wear a purple jacket. It was purple and not charming.
- Buy extremely cheap makeup. I had this eyeshadow pallet with 9 colors I used to wear even on everyday basis… again: Ugh.
- Layer up with jewelries. Not go for one statements piece, but wear a lot of matching slier or gold jewelries. Glad I’m well-balanced now.
- Wear a black long-sleeved or tee inside my sleeve-less clothes. It feel like it kinda ruins the design of the dress/blouse by doing it. So now I’ve taught myself to cover up with a cardigan or not buy a sleeve-less piece of clothes.
- Not brush my hair. I have naturally straight hair, and even when I wake up in the morning with a weird hairstyle, my hair returns to normal in only 5 minutes (without a brush). If it was necessary, I would use my fingers. But now I comb my hair once in a while because even though I don’t comb it and it’s naturally straight, I can still have some filtered ends.
- Put on mascara until I get clumpy lashes. Without curling them – and believe me, my lashes really need to get curled or I “don’t have lashes”.
- Buy nude lipsticks because it looked so good on that white girl. Honestly, the dark plump lipsticks are the only ones that works on me. I can never trust the nude colors again.
- Wear small red glasses because that was “oh so fancy” in 6th grade. Thank lord I changed my glasses during gymnasium.
Wow that was more than I’ve expected! Now I realize how much I’ve changed (YAASSS). To support my statements, I’ve found some pictures that proves the purple jacket, wrong foundation and socks-game. Please don’t judge me, I know you’ve been a phase too 😛